Persecution for Faith… How Can I Help?
Let us kindly invite you to another yearly conference organised on the occasion of Red Wednesday, international initiative to remember people persecuted for faith throughout the world. Red Wednesday is on November 24 this year, therefore, the conference “Persecution for Faith… How Can I Help?” will take place on Nov 24, 2021: in the Hall of Patriots in Carolinum (Charles University, Prague) from 1 p.m.
As in the previous year, the conference will also be streamed online – on our Facebook.
Simultaneously interpreted from/to Czech and English languages.
Moderator: Mrs Monika Klimentová and Mr Daniel Raus.
The conference is held under the auspices of the Rector of Charles University Mr Tomáš Zima.
Please register to attend the conference here.
The admission to the conference, prayer and procession is free.
Tickets for the benefit concert can be ordered at email@example.com.
More information about Red Wednesday in the Czech Republic (and in Czech only) can be found here, or globally (in English) at https://acnuk.org/our-campaigns/redwednesday/.
Programme of the conference:
12:30–13:00 Registration of participants
13:00 Start of the Conference
Greeting Speech of the Rector of Charles University Mr Tomáš Zima
– Jakub Kulhánek, Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
– Stanislav Přibyl, Czech Bishops’ Conference
– Petr Jan Vinš, Ecumenical Council of Churches in the Czech Republic
– Tomáš Kraus, Federation of Jewish Communities in the Czech Republic
13:20–15:00 I. Panel: Who Needs Help
- Marcela Szymanski, representative of Aid to the Church in Need (ACN)
- Lord David Alton, Member of British Parliament, and Instigator and Spiritual Father of Red Wednesday
- Rabbi Andrew Baker, Special Envoy for Antisemitism, Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- Pavel Svoboda, Chairman of Administrative Board of Institute for Christian Democratic Politics and Former Member of European Parliament and JURI Chair
- Panel Discussion
15:00–15:15 Coffee Break
15:15–17:00 II. Panel: How Can We Help
- Lukáš Curylo, Caritas Czech Republic
- Olivier Poquillon, Head of the Dominican Rehabilitation Mission in Mosul, Iraq
- Anna Záborská, Member of Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Slovak Republic and Plenipotentiary of the Government of the Slovak Republic for the Protection of Freedom of Religion
- Marian Jurečka, Member of Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic and Chairman of KDU-ČSL
- Daniel Ženatý, Chair of Ecumenical Council of Churches in the Czech Republic
- Panel Discussion
17:00–17:10 Closing Remarks
17:10 End of Conference
17:10–17:45 Coffee Break
18:00 Jewish-Christian Prayer
/Great Auditorium of Carolinum/
18:30–19:20 Procession around Buildings Lit Up in Red
/route: Carolinum – Church of St. Havel – Church of St. Nicholas at the Old Town Square – Old-New Synagogue/
20:00 Fundraising Concert: Petr Eben: The Labyrinth of the World and the Paradise of the Heart
/Liechtenstein Palace – Music and Dance Faculty (HAMU) of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague; live broadcast by TV Noe/
We will follow all the rules in force on the basis of the extraordinary measure of November 19, 2021.At the entrance you will be asked to provide a confirmation to:
– document the occurrence of a laboratory-confirmed covid-19 disease suffered no more than 180 days before the day of the event,
– prove the full covid-19 vaccination, with at least 14 days since the last vaccine dose (second for two-dose vaccines, first for single-dose vaccines),
– prove a negative RT-PCR test less than 72 hours old only in cases where I cannot be vaccinated against covid-19 for contraindications or if 14 days have not elapsed since the last vaccine (second for two-dose vaccines, first for single-dose vaccines).
We require nose and mouth cover during the event.